Monday, October 20, 2008

New Media and the Arts in Ireland

I come to you as a virgin blogger; requesting your expertise on a few issues.
I have recently been subjected to an assignment in college and I need your blogging help...
I am uncovering sources/types of new media that we are all exposed to on a daily basis but I am also trying to expose myself to those which may not be so common to the man on the street, or the girl in the library, whatever the case may be! I was wondering if you could help me out - what do you expose yourself to on a daily basis that I am missing out on? I am aware that there must be a world of possibilities out there when it comes to this and I would like to learn more....

I am also looking at how Arts organisations in Ireland could mazimise their potential by utilising You Tube, Flickr, Blogger.com and the many other sources of new media.. and how little Arts organisations actually take advantage of what is right at their fingertips.

I would love your thoughts, opinions or whatever you have to offer to perhaps point me in the right direction towards a fully rounded education!

Till next time.....

S

4 comments:

Matt said...

I recommend you have a look at Damien Mulley's blog at http://mulley.net he's the authority on media blogging in Ireland. He even runs courses on it, and other social media subjects for businesses.

Shelley said...

Great! Thanks Matt :-)

Cara Lally said...

Damien Mulley is great to read, he's also on Twitter.

Shelley said...

Can I become the new Damien Mulley - I know lots of things too ;-)